The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:37:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I download and save clips from the audio vault?  (Read 8628 times)
The Slab Bacon

« on: March 19, 2007, 03:04:13 PM »

Here is one for y'all. When I bring up the audio clips, my computer will download and play them, but I cant save them. I'm running XP on the home machine and 2000 at work. What am I doing wrong??

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 03:14:04 PM »

Hi Frank,

I don't know if you are having issues on your end but in the current configuration I don't think you can download them.

G

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »

Hi Frank,

I don't know if you are having issues on your end but in the current configuration I don't think you can download them.

G

Hey, G,
          Thats kinda what I thought. With my current crapy / slow dialup, I would like to save some of them at my end so i dont have to wait for them to download again if I want to play them for someone that is at my qth. I just wasnt sure if I was having a brain faht or not.
                                      Thanks
                                                  Frank

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W1GFH
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 04:15:47 PM »

I did it.

Go to the Vault and open a file. (Example: W0VMC) "View Source" for that page and you will see only the html code. Now do a "search" for "mp3", until you find....

src="http://amfone.net/mkportal/modules/media/file/mk_160.mp3"

Copy the url http://amfone.net/mkportal/modules/media/file/mk_160.mp3 and paste it into a mail message and send it to yourself.

Open the mail message, and right click the link to "download linked file".

Convoluted, but it works.

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »

Or just open another tab or window in your browser and paste http://amfone.net/mkportal/modules/media/file/mk_160.mp3 in the address window and hit return.

Once the file loads, go to file and select Save As.

Or you may be able to do a Save as Source in the embedded audio player (depending on which one you have).
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »

Here is one for y'all. When I bring up the audio clips, my computer will download and play them, but I cant save them. I'm running XP on the home machine and 2000 at work. What am I doing wrong??

The Slab Bacon
Hi Frank.   When there is no option to download an audio file you can start playing the file and then go to your browser cache and copy the file out of there to another location on your hard drive.  e.g. in IE7 Go to Tools--> Internet Options --> Browsing History Settings --> View Files.  Just sort the list by last accessed time or file type or whatever works for you.
This works with most websites but not all ... there are other ways to stream audio&video where no file is left in the browser cache.

Sam

--- Post No Bills ---
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015