The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:42:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting a reply - entry window merges with display window  (Read 9829 times)
n2bc
Contributing

« on: March 03, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »

Hi Gary, as I type this into the edit window I see what I'm typing just above.  If I get overly wordy, the display above will just spill on top of the edit window.  The more ya type, the more of the edit window gets stepped on.  Makes it hard to proof / correct.

This may well be a designed feechure to keep long winded posts and replies to a minimum!

Am using IE7 FWIW

. Just a bunch of lines to see what happens...
.does it here too

Thanks for all your work on this, I cannot imagine the hours you spend!

73, Bill   N2BC
n2bc
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »

Gary, trying with Mozilla Firefox.  The display is quite different.  Only see one copy of what I am entering - the edit window.

If it would help, I can send you a screen grab of the 'problem' when using IE7.

Have one more test to make.  I get this with IE7 under Vista.  Back in a minute with IE7 under XP.

Bill  N2BC
n2bc
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 08:29:26 AM »

Now using IE7 under XP, same as under VISTA.  As I type into the edit window my enty is being displayed right under the 'emoticon' bar. There is a space between the emiticon bar and the edit entry window that looks to be the same size as the entry window.  When I get enuf lines entered, they fill the space and 'overflow' on top of the edit window.
.  more lines
now the lines are coming out in the entry window on top of what I have entered. Makes for an interesting view. My crap is hardly worth seeing once, certainly not twice

Hollar if you want to 'see' this with a screen grab!

73, Bill    N2BC
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:48:10 AM »

Thanks for the input.

Yes IE7 is looking at the data and code differently than the other browsers.

Still working on this.

This is why I don't care for IE as it works in its own little world. You will notice it even shows some colors different.

When I write an html or php code, Firefox, Safari and Netscape show the code the way it is written. IE doesn't. IE is a pain in the ass.

Anyway we are working on it

Thanks

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 08:18:30 AM »

I'm using xp and IE7...

I do not have this problem......

Could it be screen resolution settings?

The only problems I have noticed since the "big change,"

Is that I cannot use emoticons.....
If I do, everything else that I've typed gets wiped out.... all gone....

And, cannot use the button "Mark all as read" or "mark as read".....

Doesn't work, get an error.

Bruce

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:17 AM »

Yes, IE sux. The site looks pretty bad in IE6. Looks great with every other browser I've tried: Firefox (three different versions), Safari (two different versions), Opera, and Camino.

If the site conforms to W3C standards, then the heck with IE. It's the one with the problem.
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:54 AM »

Yes If you use IE expect errors. As I posted before this site is optimised for Firefox.

As far as W3C we still have about 100 errors that I am working on. These are typically tag closures or typing errors in the code. ( a comma here or a semi colon there)

Both programs we use here are foreign and open source php. They do not comply and it requires time on my part to correct .  I hope to be fixed in that aspect in a week or two.

But for the record the last version of this site was W3C compliant and IE still gave me headaches and required me to rewrite certain code so it would display correctly.

I have about 20 hours a week of time I can put into this site so it will take a little more time.

If there is anyone out there that would like to help with this please email me. We are always looking for people to help out with the site as it grows.

TNX

G

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »

I noticed that the other day when I tried this site using IE.  Just went back to FF and forgot about it.  Did a test just now and it still does it.

Maybe it's designed that way to discourage lengthy old buzzard messages.  Grin Grin

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015