Re: Hi, I'm new here!

(1/3) > >>

WA6BBQ:
Am I allowed to recycle a post from 18 years ago? :D
(mod says, just use the URL and point to it)See here: http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=8591.0;topicseen

Call sign has changed from KF6PQT to W6IEE, to WA6BBQ. No more Burbank, now have my own 1/3 acre in Norco, CA (west of Riverside) where I can hang any antenna I want, limited only by budget, and a little common sense, and a healthy respect for gravity. 75M is a bit noisy here, but operable. WebSDR is certainly a game changer. Fan of CW, but still not great at it, fall out of practice every once in a while. Drag out the 10 GHz gear for the contest every summer.

Actually have an RF-related career now, county government microwave system. Getting toward the end of working on a sport pilot license in a gyrocopter, part owner of a little fixed-wing experimental thats almost ready to fly again.

Getting the AM bug again, mainly due to old military gear, picking up a T-195/R-392 set at the end of April. Scored an working R-390A several years ago. Still have my unrestored BC-610 and unrestored SX-28A. :D Sketchy electrical panel is going to need a forklift upgrade before I consider powering up anything that needs more than 10-12A @120V. Still have my DX-60, probably the only tube rig I own thats ready to roll on AM at the moment!

Todd KA1KAQ, still got that monster mic boom stand? I've still got your Hallicrafters S-40! :D

Does Joe W1GFH post here any more?

Jason WA6BBQ

Pete, WA2CWA:
For further "Old Thread" postings, "do I add post?" or "do I start new?"
see this: http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=48473.0

WA6BBQ:
Yeah, just saw that, oops! Well, in my defense, just wanted to give some historical reference to who the heck I was!

Pete, WA2CWA:
Quote from: WA6BBQ on March 30, 2024, 02:43:35 PM

Yeah, just saw that, oops! Well, in my defense, just wanted to give some historical reference to who the heck I was!

Adding the link to your initial post here does that.

Todd, KA1KAQ:
Wowsers - Blast from the past, for sure!

Good to hear from you, Jason, and yes - the Big Boom is still with me. In fact, I was recently talking with someone about your creative shipping method for the large counterweight. Still laugh whenever I think of it. That was good! And you did an excellent job getting the boom to Vermont from California, too.

Glad to hear you still have the S-40. Probably the cleanest I ever saw, but there was an intermittent or something going on with it.

Pete's right - you nailed it with the linked response. Pulling back old threads became a problem a few years back when we had some users who clearly had nothing else to do, so they spent every day online and would dig through old posts to find something to reply to. No imagination, I guess.

Here are a couple shots of the Big Boom shortly after moving here (3 moves since VT) when I was getting the station set up (still a mess & moving again soon) plus another one I'm sure you'll recognize. Sure puts the size of that beast into perspective!

Welcome back, and good luck getting the AM signals rolling again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands