Johnson Viking Ranger 2 Advice Requested

<< < (8/8)

WD4DMZ:
About 4 years ago a gent I knew passed away suddenly and left his family his huge collection of old radios and TV sets. He also had a large stock of caps and resistors etc. I purchased the small components - many hundreds of well organized pieces - and after going thru the boxes today there was a box of 1600 volt caps. These are made by Mallory in dark maroon (mylar?) so should be good products.

Good news is that there are a few .02, .01 and .068 mfd caps in the mix so I am all set.

If this is not a critical value as WIG noted I may go with the .01 because it is much smaller than the .02.

WIG... Did the .0022 have any bad effects?

Thanks, Rich

KB2WIG:

No, not that I'm aware of. If I remember correctly, reducing the capacitance increased the audio frequency response a bit. If you have problems, just tack another .01 across the .01 and yer back to where you started .

I'll add another bit ' advise.  Since you have it working, only make one or two changes/replacements at a time. If you screw up, you'll save a bag of time with only a few things to check. I love my camera ( yeah, I bought a digital cam  around '05 to document what I did.)

klc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands