14.286 Mhz AM ...

Pages: (1/4) > >>

W7NGA:

I just wanted to report my activities on 14.286 Mhz (ARRL sanctioned AM calling frequency). I've been calling CQ during the day starting at 0800 PDST. A few brave SSB'ers with new Icom 7300's will sometimes give me a call and quickly duck for cover. So far, no flames or grenades. Keeping it throttled back awaiting a nice beefy AM signal. The band has been relatively dead of late, so I am not too concerned with bandwidth issues. Plenty of room available if you have a working VFO.

Give a listen …

W7NGA dan
Seaside, Oregon

Ed WA4NJY:

Dan,

I have been told that 14.330 is the new AM hangout.  Have only heard a few weak carriers there over the last several months.

It would be nice to have some AM activity on 20.  I will keep listening and CQ occasionally on both frequencies.

Ed WA4NJY
  Bradenton, Fl

KB2WIG:

It seems that the .286 is close to a YL net, or so I've been lead to believe.

IN the past few years, .330 KC, has been utilized.

The glorious Band Plan still has the listing for a AM calling frequency, so, as long as it is published, I think we should still use it as such.... call on .286, and switch up to .330. Do it to save the planet.

klc

KL7OF:

14286 is also listed as the QRP calling freq.....I have been using the top of the band 14320-14340 ...watch out for the YL SSB on 14332...  Steve

W7NGA:

14.330Mhz works for me. Either frequency will most likely yield SPAM emails for the next year! I miss the days (60's) tuning around the band with an SX-101 and being thrilled to hear a bodacious AM signal. Now, though still as legal, it feels like walking thru a minefield.

See you on 14.330 or 14.286 …

W7NGA

Pages: (1/4) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands