Progress on the 813 amp; not vaporware anymore

<< < (2/8) > >>

W3RSW:
Steve,

Please, Pleeeeze, don't move me to Gary's boneyard.

And as an extra added attraction I now have room on the upper left front panel for a VIEWING window.
How cool.

I'm now debating between rectangular or round with screen. Didn't they used to make screened hole fillers?  HEh, heh,

Steve - WB3HUZ:
The round holes will give your audio a fuller sound, with a much more transparent sound stage.

Quote from: W3RSW on December 03, 2007, 07:08:07 PM

Steve,

Please, Pleeeeze, don't move me to Gary's boneyard.

And as an extra added attraction I now have room on the upper left front panel for a VIEWING window.
How cool.

I'm now debating between rectangular or round with screen. Didn't they used to make screened hole fillers?  HEh, heh,

WD8BIL:
And be sure to use gold plated fuses in your modulator power supply !!

WA1GFZ:
Very Good! You want the connection from the plate to the tuning cap as short as possible, you are there. I learned it the hard way when I tried to build a Quad 572B linear......Then I visited my high school buddy and his wife in S.F. I bought my first 4-1000A at Ham radio Outlet for $22.50 with socket and plate cap included. New tube.

W3RSW:
$22.50; those were the days... sigh..  but then I wasn't making $, x20 "new" then either.

Yes, inflation.  ur generic silver dollar, one ounce's worth what now?   -Say, $14.50 now since they withdrew the priviledge of trading in paper for one in '63? 64?   And I don't want to even talk about gold. 'Fraid my fuseees will be plain ol' vanella.

Anyway the links from plates to C,neut. will be Cu strap. Links from 850pf coupling cap to C,tune will be strap too.   Then I can 'STRAP."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands