Looking for someone very knowledgeable on the Henry 2KD Classic

<< < (3/3)

DMOD:
The 2K-Classic was a free-standing Pedestal unit.

The 2KD-Classic was a Desktop unit that had a different metering setup.

On the 2KD-Classic because there was no need for wiring to enter from the bottom part of a pedestal, since everything was contained in the same level of the KD desktop, similar to an Ameritron AL-82.

As the metering schematic states, there is no TB101 on the 2KD-Classic because all wiring runs are on the same level from the metering to the PS. In addition, protection diodes are across the IP and Ig/Vs meters.

For the KD version, the B- rail still connects to the cathode of D107.

I think what happened was the guy drawing the KD metering circuit had not consulted the other power supply schematics because R121, for example, is a 20k 100W bleeder resistor and I don't see that it would make sense here. Other resistor values aren't recorded or listed.

I wish I had captured/drawn the KD Metering circuit the last time I had one in for upgrades, but the first schematic is what I think they meant, and the second schematic is what I think it "should be, " with the caveat the Ip meters had the same meter specs.

I would urge you to draw the metering circuit and record component values and post them here for future reference.

Phil - AC0OB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands