AM Transmitter Build

Pages: (1/3) > >>

kc4umo:

Hi All,

Been a while since I have posted here. Hope everyone is doing great.  I have just been way to busy with work and other things to do much internet browsing. Time for that to stop!.

I have been interested in doing a AM transmitter build for some time now. Now I found a little time and started the project.
I was looking at many different designs and went for the Bob Heil "pine board project". But done a little different.

This transmitter is housed in an old cb amplifier chassis I picked up.  Stripped it down and repainted it. Was plenty of room in this chassis.
I made a home brew band coil and band switch. So no clip wires or crystal swapping involved.

Not trying to self promote my youtube channel but I will be doing a series of videos on the build and decided to share with this group first.
Thinking of tuning the output stage into a "Pi" instead of an "L". This transmitter is going to include 40, 80, and 160 meters.

Anyway I have a lot of it done but still quite a bit to go.
As always appreciate your comments.

WA2SQQ:

Looking good. I’m looking forward to the videos. Your Youtube channel is one of my favorite. I’m sure you will get some good feedback here.

KL7OF:

very nice......lots of coil.......keep it up...Steve

kc4umo:

Quote from: WA2SQQ on August 12, 2020, 05:43:37 PM
--
Looking good. I’m looking forward to the videos. Your Youtube channel is one of my favorite. I’m sure you will get some good feedback here.

--

Thank you, glad you enjoy it.
I should have some video out by the week end.  First video will be on the power supply. Built a tube and solid state on bread board for testing.  Seems everyone was voting to do tube but I found solid state was better.

kc4umo:

Quote from: KL7OF on August 12, 2020, 06:02:26 PM
--
very nice......lots of coil.......keep it up...Steve

--

Thanks Steve. Coil was a bit fun to build.  I used inch and three quarter thick wall PVC as a former. Turn it on the lathe at 10 TPI.  That made winding the coil very easy.

More to follow.

Pages: (1/3) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands