Old transmitter Rescued from the Scrapyard

Pages: << < (4/4)

KD2AZI:

Thanks for the response!  The jack bar is 10 1/2" B&W HDV series.  I have a couple of HDVL (center link) coils for 10 and 40 meters, and I think 80m though it needs some repair.

Actually, I did look up the B&W coil nomenclature since I have a huge box of them on-hand.  The J "junior" series are 75 watts, and the M are "baby" 25 watt models.
VL is Variable Link (you can bend the inside coil back and forth)
EL is End link
CL Center link.
The CL coils have a center tap for a bias voltage (use all 5 pins of the socket)

I'll post the schematic of the RF amp later today; I'd be working with the CL coils since there's voltage applied to each.
Thanks for the help!  Looking forward to getting this cleaned up and experimenting.

KA8WTK:

That is a good save! Well done!

W2PFY:

--
VL is Variable Link (you can bend the inside coil back and forth)
--

A better way to adjust the link rather than bending them, would be to put a 100-250 variable cap in series with one end of the link to ground. You could use combinations of switched fixed caps along with the variable. I did that with my other BC-610 on the output links where you are quite often trimming up the final plate current. By just setting the link to max coupling and using the variable cap in the link, it felt like I was tuning a pi net circuit. I should do that on my newer BC-610D but I got lazy!

Pages: << < (4/4)

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands