Gonset G-50

<< < (2/22) > >>

WD5JKO:

I also have a G50. Some years ago, I redid the RF and modulator, and a power supply recap. The receiver worked OK so I kept that stock. Some years later I noticed the same described motorboating around the squelch threshold. later on I could never break the squelch. The last few times I used the G50, I used it with an external receiver.

I have not spent any time researching the circuitry. Anyone looking for my G50? If so, email me.

Jim
Wd5jKO

WB4YVO:
Ok, Well I did bridge an additional 10 uF or so to see if there is any improvement.. There was no improvement..

Still motorboats.. I can get volume about 1/4 way up ( very low volume) and no motorboating.. But as I go farther it starts..

When I inject a signal via Signal Generator.. I can get it up to around 1/2 way then can hear motorboating thru the signal..

I have replaced the tubes 6AV6,6AL5,6U8,6BE6,12AX7 Etc..  with no change..

Skip

PA0NVD:
Can you post the schematic diagram?

PA0NVD:
I found the schematic diagram, so no problem. It seems to me that the second cap in the PS (voltage CC) is not sufficient and critical, Can't read the value nor the number. This because the problem is frequent, so a design flaw.  I should add an other RC to the anode resistor R34 of the 6AV6 (V2) Coming from the HV cc  10 - 47 kOhm than  10 uF to ground and  to R34, the 470 k. anode resistor
You can try add an other cap to the VCC across the second electrolytic cap, but that should be a big one, not 10 uF
I use a lot the small caps out of the trow-away camaras con flash, they are in general approx 100 uF, 330VDC and are very small.

WD4DMZ:
My HQ170 has a similar issue. It motorboats when the band width is in the 2 KHZ position but is OK otherwise.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands