Johnson Viking II Stuff

(1/9) > >>

AF9J:
Since there was a good chance my "I Got an Offer I Couldn't Refuse"  topic was going to stray  from QSO related topics, into technical stuff, I've decided to continue it here.  As I mentioned in my original thread, I'd post photos.  Here they are.  As you can tell from the front panel, it has had some mods done to it.  It also has a power cord with the ground installed on it.  BTW would anybody happen to know the part number for the mic plug that will mate with my mic jack?

Ellen - AF9J

WA1GFZ:
You should be able to tack solder the plate leads on the 807 caps.
The head radiator caps really don't sink much heat off the plate since tie connection is a very thin wire, unlike a 4-1000A. A stock V2 had little clips like you would see in a TV set.

WD8BIL:
Hard to see the mic connector in the fotos Ellen. Is it a 2 or 4 pinner?

Right of the bat, loose the screen regulator.
I'll check the junkbox for plate caps.

AF9J:
Hi Buddly,

The mic plug I need, is a 2 pin male with shield.  In other words, it's like the style of plug my Cheyenne had.  If they eran't available anymore, I'll do what Rodger, WQ9E suggested, and replace the present jack on the Viker, with a 1/4" stereo, like my Swan had.  Thanks for the offer of a plate, but that's OK.  Rodger is sending one to me in the mail.

Ellen - AF9J   

KB2WIG:
looks like a "2" holer..........  try rat shack ...........  klc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands