I've lost me mind

(1/2) > >>

Jerry-n5ugw:
Ok I know I know this, it just has escaped..

I'm trying to determine wether my meter is totally out of whack.

I have 1600vdc @150ma into a 50ohm load= ?W

My brain is totally toast... Help

w3jn:
I presume you aren't dumping 1600VDC into a 50 ohm load, you're talking about the plate voltage and current from a tube final of some sort?

Depends entirely on the efficiency of the amp.  1600*.150 = 240 W from your PS.  50% efficient would be 120W output, for example.

Jerry-n5ugw:
Yep I just totally lost all continituity in the ol brain this morning. Thanks.. 1600vdc x.15ma Plate to three 572b's. into 50 ohm dummy load. Gota re cal the meter.

k4kyv:
Quote from: w3jn on April 15, 2008, 08:41:09 AM

1600*.150 = 240 W from your PS.  50% efficient would be 120W output, for example.

And pretty typical for amateur transmitters.  Rarely does one see that 75% or 80% efficiency as listed in the tube data sheets.  The given power output figure is the output at the plate of the tube, and doesn't take into account the losses in the tank circuit, antenna tuner (if used) and feedline.  Most amateurs would be disappointed if they were to take an accurate reading of their output power as measured at the feed point to the radiating elements of the antenna.

KB2WIG:

“What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.”

D. Quayle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands