Recent 17 Meter AM activity

Pages: (1/3) > >>

WS4B:

I have been working 17 Meter AM wherever there has been a 10 Kc open space after 01:00 GMT the past few evenings. The band is very quiet, yet still open. Response the past few evenings has not only been favorable, but energetic. I get the expected " my first 17 Meter AM contact" response. Satanic slop bucket QRM has been non-existent. I thought I would share to encourage more of the same during that time period.

kb3rdt:

What Frequncy!

WS4B:

Quote from: kb3rdt on June 25, 2012, 08:23:44 PM
--
What Frequncy!

--

I have been simply calling CQ on the upper edge of the band, as it appears there is more activity near the middle and lower end of the designated phone portion. So I have been above 18.155, yet always below 18.163. I have been getting responses within 5 to 10 minutes from my initial CQ. It's been fun, and I am always up for a Sked!

KB2RSK:

I will be listening as well. ( Might even call a few CQ's )
  My QRP rig at 10 watts ( 857D)  and an OCF dipole.
 I have worked a few west state side contacts and few BC .
  73's
  KB2RSK

WD5JKO:

I called my first several CQ's today on 17 meter AM running 30 watts with my Flex 3000. I was on 18.150. I got no response, so I went USB. A fellow from Connecticut came back, and we had about a 45 minute QSO. Conditions were far better than on 15 meters just prior to that. The fellow I was talking to had heard me calling CQ on AM, but was reluctant to go AM. He did say that the copy was very good when I was on AM.

So it appears that I can work some AM yet on 17 meters...Just got to try some more. Both my 15m vertical loop, and 80m OCF seem to tune up and work well on 17..This was at around 5 PM CST where the signals on 17m seemed to be about 10db stronger and with less QSB then 15 meters.

Jim
Wd5JKO 

Pages: (1/3) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands