17 Metros Hot Lately - But Where's the AM?

Pages: << < (2/3) > >>

Pete, WA2CWA:

Quote from: WS4B on May 25, 2011, 10:07:43 PM
--
I just received an e-mail from a slop bucket who does not apperciate the fact that I like to run 17 Meter AM in the evening. This is when band activity is sparse and not crowded at all.

--

I can understand that. The entire phone band is only 58 KHz wide. If the MUF is still perking at that time on 17 meters, 20 meters is just as good, if not better, and it's phone section is 200 Khz wide (Extra).

AF9J:

Quote from: WS4B on May 25, 2011, 10:07:43 PM
--
I just received an e-mail from a slop bucket who does not apperciate the fact that I like to run 17 Meter AM in the evening. This is when band activity is sparse and not crowded at all.

I would love a evening time Sked (around 00:00 UTC) from anyone else that has an interest in using this band at that time. Perhaps a roundtable could get started. Noise levels are really low, and with me in Florida I usually have good condx to NE and the upper midwest at that time.

Let's get some AM activity going on 17!

--

Hmmm, that sounds interesting to me - especially since 75 has been so craptastic as of late.  I'm game!  Like Pete said, 20 would be cool too (say down around 14.170 or 14.180, to get away from the clowns up around 14.286).

Ellen-AF9J

WS4B:

Ellen:

I just sent you an e-mail. We'll arrange a 17 Meter AM Sked at your convenience.

Brad
WS4B

KB2WIG:

" I just received an e-mail from a slop bucket who does not apperciate the fact that I like to run 17 Meter AM in the evening. "

tell him/her to use CW. That doesn't use a lot of bw.... ..

klc

KX5JT:

Quote from: KB2WIG on May 26, 2011, 11:46:31 AM
--
" I just received an e-mail from a slop bucket who does not apperciate the fact that I like to run 17 Meter AM in the evening. "

tell him/her to use CW. That doesn't use a lot of bw.... ..

klc

--

This kind of email makes me want to jump in with some AM.  My TS-570 does okay on AM.  When do you guys run AM on 17?  I'll make it a point to be there!  (BTW, I *gasp* run Slopbucket too! Heck I run all sorts of modes!)

Pages: << < (2/3) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands