14.286 the place to be.

Pages: (1/5) > >>

Knightt150:

Hello or should I say CQ CQ to everyone the static on 75 meters has been so bad I could hardley hear a single station. I moved to 20m and what great conditions and QSO's. Now that the sunspot activity is up 14.286 is great, I think the AMers could make a hole up there using frequencys on and around 14.286.

See you there. John W9BFO

KX5JT:

I called CQ on 14.286 for an hour this morning.   Maybe next weekend when I'm not working nights, I can do it in the afternoon when I'm more likely to get an answer.

K5UJ:

The problem I have had with 20 in the past is you quickly wind up with at least three stations in a roundtable but two can't hear each other and the third has to relay.   On the other hand, a halfway decent antenna and 50 watts can do wonders; QRO not needed like it often is on the low bands.

I was on 7290 yesterday afternoon with 50 watts and my dipole and had a nice QSO with W0VMC and W9AD for 2 hours but 40 was a bit like 20 in that one guy could hear a breaking station I could not, so relaying would have to be done.  If not 10 or 20 then definitely 40 in the daytime.

KX5JT:

Yeah but sometimes I have hit a small roundtable where 3 stations in different areas of the country can actually carry on.  Otherwise, nothing wrong with a station to station QSO.

g3ypz:

14.286 is an awful  frequency. Too much QRM. Much better 14.330 or 14.340. Much quieter.
I had half a dozen QSOs yesterday with the USA.
73 John
G(R)3YPZ

Pages: (1/5) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands