AM Transmitter Build

(1/3) > >>

kc4umo:
Hi All,

Been a while since I have posted here. Hope everyone is doing great.  I have just been way to busy with work and other things to do much internet browsing. Time for that to stop!.

I have been interested in doing a AM transmitter build for some time now. Now I found a little time and started the project.
I was looking at many different designs and went for the Bob Heil "pine board project". But done a little different.

This transmitter is housed in an old cb amplifier chassis I picked up.  Stripped it down and repainted it. Was plenty of room in this chassis.
I made a home brew band coil and band switch. So no clip wires or crystal swapping involved.

Not trying to self promote my youtube channel but I will be doing a series of videos on the build and decided to share with this group first.
Thinking of tuning the output stage into a "Pi" instead of an "L". This transmitter is going to include 40, 80, and 160 meters.

Anyway I have a lot of it done but still quite a bit to go.
As always appreciate your comments.

WA2SQQ:
Looking good. I’m looking forward to the videos. Your Youtube channel is one of my favorite. I’m sure you will get some good feedback here.

KL7OF:
very nice......lots of coil.......keep it up...Steve

kc4umo:
Quote from: WA2SQQ on August 12, 2020, 05:43:37 PM

Looking good. I’m looking forward to the videos. Your Youtube channel is one of my favorite. I’m sure you will get some good feedback here.

Thank you, glad you enjoy it.
I should have some video out by the week end.  First video will be on the power supply. Built a tube and solid state on bread board for testing.  Seems everyone was voting to do tube but I found solid state was better.

kc4umo:
Quote from: KL7OF on August 12, 2020, 06:02:26 PM

very nice......lots of coil.......keep it up...Steve

Thanks Steve. Coil was a bit fun to build.  I used inch and three quarter thick wall PVC as a former. Turn it on the lathe at 10 TPI.  That made winding the coil very easy.

More to follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands