Where's Tolly (wavebourn) Been?

<< < (7/8) > >>

WBear2GCR:
Btw, please do get a ham radio license!

With your training and technical background it ought to very very easy.
The test can be more or less memorized, if necessary.

RF and AM phone is just about as much fun as banging one's head against the
audio wall!  :o

Enjoy!

_-_-bear

Think of all the fun ur missing!!

You end up doing stuff like this:

Wavebourn:
Well;

let me repeat, 92 dB sensitivity in a living room is enough for me and many audiophiles that I know, but it is the minimum for 6W/Ch amp. Of course, higher sensitivity is better. And it never clips, do not compare it to other amps! It gracefully saturates, fooling imagination, so instead of distorted it sounds as if "too loud". Playing with regimes of tubes and 3 nested feedback loops I got a transfer curve that resembles non-linearities of our ears. However, the best result I got with 6CB5A tubes, 6550 are not so realistic.

A friend asked how Edelweiss-3 would play with his 90 dB/W/M JBL speakers. I said that it would not be enough for realistic loudness. He brought them and tried nevertheless. The amp could not deliver the loudness to match a real performance. After that we connected his speakers to my Gubernator-71 45W/Channel SE amp, with Edelweiss-3 preamp, and were blown up by an orchestra sounding in my living room, as if in a philharmonic hall. :-)
There are no miracles: want to drive lower efficiency speakers getting high end sound quality, be prepared to spend money on an amp (once) and electricity (always)!

Here is the video on Facebook

WBear2GCR:
Anitoliy,

The topic here is AM ham radio...

I'll leave you to talk about the audio issues over on DiyAudio or some other suitable
venue. Facebook? Ok?

If you wish to email me, you can click on the email near my avatar.

So, let's talk ham radio!
What do you think about joining the ranks on-the-air?
And have you ever fired up WebSDRs?

_-_-bear

Wavebourn:
Well; it is QSO, and the topic is, where's I been. Thank you anyway for your invitation. :D

Wavebourn:
Still, the question reminds unanswered. What charges can I face if sell UV-C lamps that protect users from rays using 3.5 GHz 30 mW radar?

People need them, and need ASAP. Who can I contact to get an exception?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands