BAMA edebris reflector

<< < (3/3)

WQ9E:
Well,

Edebris worked fine from my Windows Vista computer at work so apparently there is either a problem with my home ISP or a conflict with Windows XP.  I do recall I first noticed this problem shortly after one of the XP security patches so perhaps that is the problem.  Basically if I try to right click and save a file (either PDF or DJVU) it saves an empty file.  If I try to directly open a PDF file Adobe reports the file is damaged or the file type is incorrect.  Direct opening a djvu file results in nothing happening (including no error message).  The behavior is the same using either the current version of IE or Firefox.  So I guess for now I will use BAMA at home.  I am getting ready to upgrade home computers soon anyway as the 20+ megabyte RAW image files from my Canon digital SLR are really slowing down my three year old Dell (which was the fastest PC they sold at the time).  Technology marches on...

Rodger WQ9E

K1ZJH:
Yeah, something hoses up inside Windows and causes that problem!! A lot of folks have posted concerning the same issue, even over on QRZ.com. I was downloading fine one day, and then later that night I was getting the dreaded empty files!!  The only reason I recovered was that I reloaded Windows, and did a "fix" to IE, to cure some other major problems I was having with the operating system. All of a sudden the downloads worked again.  XP can do some weird stuff.  I hate computers! Linear forever.

pete

WD8BIL:
My XP is up to date and I have had no problems. Just used it this morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands