The ARRL should be fighting this anti-ham bill in Texas

(1/2) > >>

Opcom:
The ARRL should be fighting this anti-ham bill in Texas.
It affects all non-commercial users of mobile 2-way radios.
So commercial drivers with CB, GMRS, and digital terminals go free, and everyone else can't use the 2-way no matter what licesne they have. I believe that is what the modifications to the bill mean.

story:
https://w5wx.net/2018/12/28/texas-legislature-sb43/

check on the bill's progress:
https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=86R&Bill=SB43

Steve - K4HX:
Have you contacted the ARRL? What was their response?

Opcom:
It is for a member to contact them and find out more. Are you a member?
Have you, or will you contact your senate and house representatives?

Not a member any more since the price was jacked up and it is not my prerogative to contact the ARRL from the outside.
I have contacted my senator Royce West and house representative Carl Sherman using the link.

Fighting government overreach like this SB which purports to damage communications is part of the ARRL's self-professed work and there has not been any public news that I have seen.

For my part, I am merely curious as opposed to demanding anything from the ARRL.

I presume that, on behalf of their members, the ARRL is fighting this SB alongside the host of independent amateur licensees, non-commercial licensees of other "mobile 2-way" services, radio hobbyists, and other interested parties whom are ultimately affected.

There is a 2014 ARRL document posted addressing the general issue, and not specific to the details of this current matter, which is far geater in scope than amateur radio, affecting other services as stated.

Steve - K4HX:
We just got a new ARRL rep here in VA. I will contact him.

KE5YTV:
Patrick,

I feel the same way about the ARRL. I just can't pay $50 a year for what it's worth for me. It boiled down to a magazine that I could read in 5 or 10 minutes. I was always looking for information on AM and vintage tube equipment. I have been better served by Electric Radio.

Mike / KE5YTV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands