N1NTE 0-62 MHz SDR

<< < (2/3) > >>

N1NTE:
It is a FlyDog. They stopped producing them because of pressure from the Chinese Govt. I did do the mod on it to improve the higher frequency sensitivity. I haven't tried any of those modes yet.

I wanted to get something up for 30-54 MHz as I like VHF-Lo band listening and 6 meters. It seems to do OK in that range despite the antenna not being optimal and also horizontal.

KB1VWC:
    I noticed yours is running very cool.  I had to add a heatsink to the LTC2208 and changed the fan as the supplied one pretty much seized up after two weeks.   I activated the onboard WI-FI, but couldn't get a decent signal through the metal case after I had improved the grounding of the boards to the case (makes sense). I have it running on a USB wi-fi stick.  It seems to work just fine other than those modes that it won't decode. Interesting though if you output the tones to a secondary decoding application, it works just fine. Is the mod for high frequency cutting the 0-30mhz portion lo-pass filter on the secondary port out the circuit? So disable the 0-30mhz port? or something else?

Steve

N1NTE:
Quote from: KB1VWC on March 14, 2022, 10:49:45 AM

I noticed yours is running very cool. 

I'm just using the small fan that came with the case. I have on my long To Do list to use some larger fans to blow across all the Kiwis. I have a plan to build an enclosure to house all of them to clean things up a bit.

It seems to work just fine other than those modes that it won't decode. Interesting though if you output the tones to a secondary decoding application, it works just fine.

Must be a problem porting those extensions over to RPi.

Is the mod for high frequency cutting the 0-30mhz portion lo-pass filter on the secondary port out the circuit? So disable the 0-30mhz port? or something else?

That was all I did. Fortunately, I don't drink coffee so my hand was steady enough to do that mod. Those parts are small and very close together. :)

KB1VWC:
"Fortunately, I don't drink coffee so my hand was steady enough to do that mod. Those parts are small and very close together."
No Kidding..Microscope required!
Thanks for the info Rob. I think mine was very early in production. You definitely needed a heatsink on the A/D which mine didn't come with.

Steve

KB1VWC

W1RKW:
Rob,
how does one get the SDR to go beyond 32MHz?  I seem to hit the wall there and can't go higher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands