ham estate mystery item

(1/4) > >>

Opcom:
This ham had many, many interesting things. Here is something new to me for sure. These were in an organizing bin with a couple of CL-5M5 photocells. -which seem like regular type photocells/photoresistors and not really related to the parts in question.

These are about 1.2" diameter, and have 4 short pins out what I presume is the backside. The other side is slightly domed in appearance. Inside these, there seems to be a liquid, somewhat viscous, and dark-colored like motor oil or light molasses. I can't see where the pins go. As the device is rotated like a wheel, the liquid is free to stay in the lower half.

The number on all of them is 74821 -01
Any ideas what these are?

W1RKW:
up/down position sensor?

W3SLK:
W1RKW said:Quote

up/down position sensor?

I was going to say something like a mercoid switch.

KD1SH:
Curious - have you tried taking resistance readings across the contacts, and if so, do they change at all with a change in physical orientation?
And, just a shot-in-the-dark: since these mystery devices were in a bin with photocells, and they have a transparent cover, do you think they might actually be photo-sensitive?
I would actually have expected the contact pins to be on the other side if that were the case, but it's just a thought.

wa2tak:
Might it be a lightning surge protector...

https://www.cheapham.com/ldg-sp-200-lightning-surge-protector-replacement-gdt/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands