No more CZH-ing

<< < (4/4)

WA3VJB:
Quote from: k4kyv on August 08, 2011, 03:05:29 AM

Wasn't Roger the one who got ripped at one of Chuck (EKV's) parties in Pepperell, and tuned up the Valiant on 11m and started playing with the heads of a bunch of CBers? 

And also, according to TimTron, happy to do battle with the "Alligators" from 3892Kc back in the day. (K8RXW and all them).  Apparently Roger had access to a QRO transmitter, work-related, that generated quite a message to those involved.

I'm sure he's clear from the statute of limitations, and his current status.

W3GMS:
Quote from: K1JJ on August 09, 2011, 11:42:11 AM

Joe: About time going faster as we age...  I believe it is because our brains work through comparison. We are comparison creatures. We know something is big because we have experienced something small. We know a place is far because we experienced something close. All comparison. Now, with time, it's the same. When we are five years old, one year is 1/5th of our life, a big part. It seems like the days go by slowly in comparison. Now when we are 70, one year is only 1/70th of our lives, so it is a fleeting piece.  Instead of days, we begin to measure time in weeks, then months. I see it in seasons now.

At least that's my take. It's a pity cuz life is now going by at a blurring pace. It seems one way to slow it down is to take a trip somewhere. Get out of the routine and time slows way down.

T

Tom,

Interesting theory and makes sense to me! 

I totally agree that vacations tend to slow life down a bit.  When we stay home, we just look around and see all kind of projects that need to get done.  When we remove ourselves from our common surroundings a more relaxed state occurs, at least with me and things run at a slower pace and time tends to stretch out.   

It seems very easy to make life complex, but keeping it simple is much tougher to do.  The older I get the more I like keeping things simple.  Its kind of like designing a circuit.  Your given a statement of requirements to design a circuit to meet.  You can give it to 10 engineers and you will get some with a very complex design solution and others will satisfy all the requirements in a much more simplistic manner.  Both in the end, meet the requirements but which one would you want to go into manufacturing with?  To me its pretty obvious! 

"Simplicity is the elegance of design"

I am glad you had a chance to work Roger in recent times. 

Joe, W3GMS 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands