Yaesu Ft-101e drive issue

(1/2) > >>

WA4JK:
This is kicking my behind. I use the Yaesu Ft101E as a driver on Y'am.. The issue is I lost the drive. At 100% carrier I only have .040ma above Idle of .60ma.
No smells,no fire no pop. changed driver poob, no change. I can change Bias up to over 200ma which shouldsay no final poob issue.
I have only a hand meter with me at my locayion and I ohmed the crap out of caps and no opens.

Anybody seen this before or have an idea where to look?

N3DRB The Derb:
check coupling cap between 12by7 driver and finals, known weak spot. The relays RL1 and RL2 go downhill and have to be cleaned or replaced.
I have one with a bad relay and it sometimes does not kick in and I lose output power. I'm still learning the rig myself - but the relays have to be the most likely suspect followed by the cap.

WA4JK:
My output follows my drive IC goes up output goes up. I cleaned the relay. If the coupling cap was open I would have no drive at all. I wounder if it could have increased instead of opened..? Thanks

ka3zlr:
Hello,

On a quick thought I would check the Drive Pot and associated circuits for cleanliness and circuit stability...solder connections etc. First...

WA4JK:
Drive pot checked good and clean. I'm going to change the coupling cap and screen cap for the driver and see what happens. I bought caps from mouser. Ceramic HV, they don't look like they could hold up... Maybe new small caps are better than older BIG caps.. We'llsee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands