KM1H Status

(1/3) > >>

KD6VXI:
Just forwarding news.

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Doug Grant <dougk1dg at gmail.com>To: YCCC <yccc at groups.io>Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2023 at 03:38:10 PM ESTSubject: [yccc] Followup: KM1H
 Since nobody had any direct info on Carl's status, I drove to his house and knocked on the door today, not quite sure what to expect.
Carl's ex-wife answered the door and invited me in. She announced me to Carl, who then made his way down the stairs . We had a nice visit and yakked for about a half-hour. He knew me, and even asked how my "twin" (K1AR) was doing.
He was unaware that his ham license had expired, but at age 83, sometimes events like that slip by.

So now you know "...the rest of the story".
Doug K1DG

Seems he's still around.  I'm sure as crotchety as ever.  Nice of his ex to step up.

--Shane
WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI

W3SLK:
WP2ASS said:Quote

Seems he's still around.  I'm sure as crotchety as ever.  Nice of his ex to step up.

I wonder what that is all about? ??? Maybe she is the only one that can tolerate him. ;) Well glad to know the old curmudgeon is upright!

n8fvj:
Quote from: W3SLK on December 27, 2023, 09:43:04 AM

I wonder what that is all about? ??? Maybe she is the only one that can tolerate him. ;) Well glad to know the old curmudgeon is upright!

The concern is Carl stopped posting a year ago when he would normally post everyday. At QTH a while ago this concern resulted in a call to local police of Carl's well being and finally a visit to his house confirming his well being.

KD6VXI:
Quote from: n8fvj on December 27, 2023, 10:18:03 AM

Quote from: W3SLK on December 27, 2023, 09:43:04 AM

The concern is Carl stopped posting a year ago when he would normally post everyday. At QTH a while ago this concern resulted in a call to local police of Carl's well being and finally a visit to his house confirming his well being.

I was part of that as well.

I consider Carl as a friend.  I was a nasty asshole to him.  He heard I needed some parts through the grapevine.

They showed up at my house, for free.  Carl is an asshole, but he's also a hams ham.

I miss his presence, although sometimes he can by 'trying'.

Anyway, glad to see he's still alive and kicking.

--Shane
WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI

n8fvj:
Only issue with Carl was he was always right and most of the time he did give good info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands