Last nights conditions on 160

Pages: (1/2) > >>

WA2SQQ:

So I’ve been working on working all 50 states on 160. I’m at 46, and last night I almost achieved what I thought was virtually impossible. Been monitoring FT8 and at 0500Z I saw two CQ’s from K9FD in Hawaii. He was there and gone in about 90 seconds. Now is the time to enjoy those long winter nights! Reached out to him and it turns out he has a 30acre site that was an old A.M. broadcast site with a huge radial field

WA2SQQ:

So just short of 1 year since I posted this, last night I was able to make the contact with K9FD in Monalaua, HI. The new version of FT8 did very well - quite impressed by my 100W to a 1/4 wave sloper. I think this winter will be a good DX season on 160! 49 states down, only one more to go - AK!

Tom WA3KLR:

Congratulations Bob.

I was on the Grey Hair Net last night (Tues. 8 PM 1945 kHz).  I hadn't checked in there in at least two years I think!  Yes, conditions were VERY GOOD.

Merry Christmas everyone!

WA2SQQ:

Conditions on 160 continue to amaze me. Been looking for the elusive #50  (AK) on CW & FT8. Early Saturday morning I saw a prefix I did not recognize. Called him and he responded. Turned out to be N Cook island in the S Pacific. No big antenna at this end, just my 1/4 wave sloper and 100w.

Carl WA1KPD:

Been conducting experiments on 1999 with Ron K1VYU. He is using a dipole and I have been able to copy him as low as 4mw. He is 250 miles away
Carl

Pages: (1/2) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands