Hammarlund Super Pro Service Notes

<< < (2/3) > >>

WA7DUY:
Is anyone still using the BC779?  That was my first receiver as a novice in 1967.

There was some discussion on one of the email reflectors about the BC779 and mods including I think these mods listed here but the tone was not favorable.  Did anyone do these mods?  What was your experience?  Was it worth doing the mod?

Thank you.

Steve W8TOW:
I use both a BC-779 and also 1004 (which has 160m coverage!)
These are wonderful receivers and (to me) more appealing than looking at a R390...IMHO
This summer, I'd like to pick up a 2nd 779 or 1004 so I can create a "dual diversity" receiver....
anyone got one in the mid-west they wanna part with?
Steve w8tow

WA7DUY:
I wonder if anyone has put in sockets and plugs to make the external power supply a plug in unit rather than a wire in unit on the BC779's?

Scott SWL:
Quote from: WA7DUY on March 27, 2020, 02:56:37 AM

Is anyone still using the BC779?  That was my first receiver as a novice in 1967.

There was some discussion on one of the email reflectors about the BC779 and mods including I think these mods listed here but the tone was not favorable.  Did anyone do these mods?  What was your experience?  Was it worth doing the mod?

Thank you.

I'm using a SP-400, and rebuilding my chrome plated BC-779(into a BC-1004) for future use.

W1GFH:
Quote from: WA7DUY on May 30, 2020, 01:54:45 AM

I wonder if anyone has put in sockets and plugs to make the external power supply a plug in unit rather than a wire in unit on the BC779's?

Yes, a 12-pin Jones connector plug/socket set works nicely.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cinch/P-312-CCT?qs=wDkUvA2RG5pi32HTTQ8l%2Fw%3D%3D&mgh=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6p-N3bng-gIVyuDICh3AcgbrEAQYASABEgIyX_D_BwE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands