Band Opening Quick Check

<< < (2/2)

N1NTE:
Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA on January 03, 2022, 04:54:02 PM

Besides propagation, a lot would depend on the HF operating band, the mode, time, transmitter power, and antenna. The 80/75 meter and 40 meter bands also tend to be more "cliquey", especially on phone, then some of the other bands which can frustrate operators trying to make contacts.

Yes, the new ham is learning about propagation slowly.  :) He has mentioned that some of the 80m cliques have already snubbed him. I told him to not give up and to try 17m and 15m when they are open (often lately) as I always had fun on those bands. He had a rough start right after getting licensed when one of the local clubs didn't even acknowledge him when he showed up at one of the meetings looking for help. I met him about 2 years after that and helped him to get on the air. Just trying to do my best to keep him active and interested.

Quote from: Carl WA1KPD on January 03, 2022, 07:40:36 PM

Neat project Rob, Thanks for setting it up
Carl
WA1KPD

Thanks. It is low tech but helps to show band activity at a glance. Got several responses from locals who found it useful to them. Many who use my SDRs as their "crutch".  ;)

- Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands