My class E xmtr

(1/2) > >>

w1vtp:
Here's my 8 FET xmtr.  Wayne, WA1SSJ built it.  It's a work of art.  Works perfectly

I'll put up the RF deck pics and then PWM / PS on the next post

Al

w1vtp:
Here's the PWM / PS  First pic is without the shelf installed showing the power supply section.  Then the top shelf with the PWM / control circuitry then the front panel

Check QRZ for the transmitter in place

Opcom:
That's pretty nice. A lot of professional looking boards in there.

steve_qix:
The boards are from the "Class E PWM board set".

These three boards comprise the guts of a pulse width modulator.  The boards will work with transmitters from low power to a kW (carrier).

I make them available, including all of the parts that go on the boards (except for the modulator MOSFETs and damper diodes), to the ham community at my cost.  There are about 100 of these board sets in circulation.  Unfortunately, there aren't 100 class E transmitters on the air, but there are quite a few.

The boards make it a WHOLE lot simpler to build a pulse width modulator for class E RF amplifiers than trying to build all of that low level circuitry breadboard style.

KD6VXI:
I'll second what Steve said.

I breadboarded my first pwm.   Pc Boards made up for my final rendition and those made it a LOT easier.   I have boards for audio proc,  assy control,  pwm,  AA filter and pwm filter.   Cut assembly time from a week plus (perfboard style)  to hours.

And looks a lot better.

--Shane
KD6VXI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands