The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:46:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vincent F Kajunski, “Uncle Vinny”, SK  (Read 1654 times)
W1RC
Contributing

« on: July 03, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »

Most amateurs in the First Call District will well remember Vinny Kajunski aka, “Uncle Vinny” and “The Man from the FeeCee” well.  For many years Uncle Vinny was the head man at the Boston office of the F.C.C. on the 16th Floor of the Customhouse Building and later at Batterymarch Park in Quincy.

Vinny was a regular speaker at the ARRL New England Convention at Boxborough MA.  

Here is the obituary as it appeared in The Boston Globe on July 3rd 2019

Vincent F. Kajunski, of Milton, age 77, passed away peacefully on July 1st. Beloved husband of Ruth A. (Cannon) for over 53 years. He was the cherished father of Paul V. and his wife Donna of Hanover, Joseph F. of West Quincy, Daniel T. and his wife Suzy of Needham, Annmarie Hammill and her husband, Paul of Manchester, MO, and Christine R. Scott and her husband, Sam of Roslindale. Vin loved his 14 grandchildren: Madison, Hailey, Abigail, Natilie, Charlotte, Christopher, Kathleen, Joseph and Steven Kajunski; James, Patrick and Megan Hamill: and Catherine and Isabelle Scott. He was the devoted son of the Frank and Charlotte (Wysocki) Kajunski and brother of the late Gerard F.X. Kajunski.

After graduating from Mission Hill in Roxbury, Vin went on to receive his Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from Northeastern University. He then spent 41 years at the F.C.C. in positions of increasing responsibility, retiring as the Chief Engineer in Charge of New England.

In addition to his job and raising a family, Vin was an avid skier, boater and fisherman and was the Past Commander and active member of the Great Blue Hill Sail and Power Squadron. He loved nothing more than spending time with his family and friends on the porch or water in Hull or on the slopes in North Conway. Visiting hours at the Alfred D. Thomas Funeral Home, 326 Granite Ave., Milton Sunday 4 to 8 PM. Funeral Mass at St. Elizabeth Church, Milton Mon. morning at 10. Burial Milton Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research by mail to Donation Processing, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, P.O. Box 5014, Hagerstown, MD 21741-5014 or online at
https://www.michaeljfox.org/donate

A long time  "name"  in the ham radio hobby has passed on. Today's "Boston Globe",   lists  Vincent  F. Kajunski's   obit. He  was the  FCC's local  head man  for  40 years.  He was  the "last man  standing"   from the days when the FCC New  England office was located at  the  Custom House.

My friend Nelson Dionne, AA1MO, sent this.....

In recent years, he had an office  within the  NFPA's  HQ on Batterymarch St. in  Quincy.   He used the  had to find location to full advantage. I served as a OO when I first  licensed. in the early 90's.. The time i had spent working an CW intercept operator for an agency sometimes called "No Such Agency", or "Never  Say Anything". .   The  unofficial motto was: "In God we Trust, EVERYONE else....we Monitor.   I  met Sheldon (Mike) Goldberg, K1LJN, at the very active  Billerica Amateur Radio Society (BARS) club.   Mike  first met Vince at a Boston  Ham Radio Convention,  where Vince was proctoring  FCC  LICENSE TESTS.  Mike  volunteered to assist, and a longtime friendship began.

Mike served  as the NE-OOC for years.   Together, they made  a fine team. The
hobby is much better for their life-long efforts.”

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:47:56 AM »

Just a tad before my time but I recall clearly listening to some of the old timers discussing him, referring to him only as "Kajunski".

Especially our mutual friend John/yyyyAyEEEwunJAY and that crew. The Wild Bunch!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015