The AM Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA1QIX CQ 80m  (Read 9182 times)
W5JAY

« on: June 21, 2017, 05:51:44 PM »

Calling CQ on 3.873 at 21:45 UTC.  Nice audio!  73 de w5jay/jay..
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »

Wow!  I was in my *CAR* at the time operating remote control mobile.  I do that every morning and evening (well, 3 days per week when I'm on site) on my way to/from work.

It's great to be able to have a nice conversation with some of the guys on 75 meters during these times.

I roll off the audio starting at around 100 cycles per second with a 2 pole filter.  Otherwise the very low frequency car noise dominates.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
ka1tdq

Red part turned in for a refund.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:16:18 AM »

Ok, nobody else asked, so I will.

Remote control mobile from the car? Is there an app for that? What are you using for your link back to the station?

Inquiring minds want to know. I guess that's really the way to go nowadays. Rather than building a massive station in your car, the consumer-land communications infrastructure is there to just link up to the existing home station.

That also speaks volumes about your confidence in your homebrew equipment. I wouldn't dare operate my shack remotely. I've had too many explosions / fires / electrocutions.

Jon

It’s not just values, it’s business.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »

Sorry, I didn't see this post until now!  I think it's probably useful to start a new thread in the "QSO" section of the forum to have a good discussion about the subject.

I've had a lot of inquiries about my remote control setup  Wink   It's not trivial, but not that hard either.  A good connection to a 4G or other cellular network is the key to a successful operation.  A poor connection will be problematic.  More later !

Regards,  Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015