The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:55:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM Phone Blues / WA6PBJ  (Read 1845 times)
W7POW

« on: June 16, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »

Been at my new qth for going on two years and still haven't been able to get a new shack set up. Time...I need more of it. All 3 of my Viking II's are in serious need of repair and I'm swamped with "life."

Found and old hamfest found Transoceanic 1000 tonight going through boxes and sat at the upstairs desk and fired her up. Didn't expect to hear much with the telescoping whip, but was surprised and quite excited to hear WA6PBJ calling CQ on around 3870. I found myself grasping for the mic that wasn't there.

I'll be back!

73, w7pow
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »

An all too familiar tale for me as well. When I moved in '94 I was off the air for a decade before getting a wire back up in the air. Listened a lot but it was 'hearing' what was going on via 'fone that really lit a fire under me. Moved south in 2008, only a year +/- before getting back on, though never got things finished. Moved here last July, got back on 40m a couple months back thanks to the help of W3JN and his not-so-EZ-Hang launcher. Still have a long ways to go.

Throw a wire up ASAP. Get something on the air. That will motivate you to do more, sooner.

Good luck with it.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015