New to Forum - Question on Johnson Viking Ranger

(1/2) > >>

WB9CNS:
Hello to Everyone on the Forum. I have a Johnson Ranger and would like to Drive it with a Heathkit SB-220. I would like to be able to reduce the Power on the Ranger to 10 Watts Output. What is the best way to this? Any Suggestion would be appreciated
Bob - WB9CNS

kc2ifr:

I have a Johnson Ranger and would like to Drive it with a Heathkit SB-220.

Bob,
I think u mean it the other way around...u want to drive the heathkit with the Ranger.......yes???

N3WWL:
Welcome to the Forum.  You can reduce the output by changing the jumpers on the 9 pin accessory plug on the rear.  Simply remove the jumper that runs from pins 2 to 6 and connect it from pins 2 to 4 instead.  You will lose the plate current function when doing this.  One can get creative and use a hefty SPDT switch to run the Ranger at full output.  Good luck.

W2VW:
Quote from: N3WWL

Welcome to the Forum.  You can reduce the output by changing the jumpers on the 9 pin accessory plug on the rear.  Simply remove the jumper that runs from pins 2 to 6 and connect it from pins 2 to 4 instead.  You will lose the plate current function when doing this.  One can get creative and use a hefty SPDT switch to run the Ranger at full output.  Good luck.

He means plate current meter function. If you do this with a switch, be sure to get one rated for the Voltage.

WB9CNS:
:-P  Thanks Jay (N3WWL), Moving the jumper from 6 to 4 did the trick nicely. Reduced the output to 5 watts and drives the SB-220 nicely.
73's
Bob - WB9CNS :-P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands