Archived Posts

Pages: << < (2/11) > >>

Pete, WA2CWA:

Quote from: N8UH on February 26, 2011, 03:56:57 PM
--
Had a great QSO on 21.425 with WB8KRY in Ohio this morning.

I was tuning around the band with the K3 and heard a carrier, so I flipped over to AM and worked him with a commanding 25W carrier.  ;D

I wasn't expecting AM up here! Can someone remind me why there is so little activity above 40M?

--

Have no antennas for those frequencies; have antenna but can't remember antenna tuner settings; rig a pain to tune at those frequencies; receiver has little sensitivity above 10 MHz; don't like talking to strangers; etc.

N8UH:

Ahhhh. Okay.

Thanks for the reminder.  ::)

Seriously, it's far easier for people like myself (no space to put up efficient 160M/75M/40M antennas) to get on these bands and make some contacts. Even when conditions are less than stellar.

Granted, the higher frequencies will not be very useful in the evening until we get more solar activity.

Oh well. I guess I'll just keep trying...

Ed/KB1HYS:

Post activity here prior to calling CQ.  I've never gotten an answer on the times I've called CQ on anything higher than 20 meters. maybe a little coordination will help get the ball rolling.

W2PFY:

--
Have no antennas for those frequencies; have antenna but can't remember antenna tuner settings; rig a pain to tune at those frequencies; receiver has little sensitivity above 10 MHz; don't like talking to strangers; etc.

--

You have all those problems Pete? It can't be all that bad ;) ;)

KX5JT:

Remember, 40 meter antennas often play well on 15! 

Pages: << < (2/11) > >>

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands