Suggestions For Wire Reel Dispensers?

(1/2) > >>

W1UJR:
Hi guys.

I bought all these wire reels for projects, but my question is what do you folks use to hold the reels for dispensing?
I've got them on the bench right now, but it makes a big mess when you want to roll off a few feet.

A quick internet check turned up wire reel holders, but for large house wiring.

Where should I look, or what suggestion to you have for something either wall or cart mounted to hold about a half to a dozen reels?

Tnx - Bruce

WBear2GCR:

A rod or suitable wall tubing and some appropriate clamps, supports, and you can hang under or off a surface, board or shelf...

_-_-bear

n2bc:
Hi Bruce, happy 4/1

The main I-beam for my house runs above my workbench.   I put two 4" C-clamps on it about 3' apart.  Ran a 4' hardwood dowel thru the clamps & put the reels of hookup wire on the dowel.  A couple of those blue spring metal paper clamps on each end keep the reels captured.  Works great.

Can't find the camera now, hollar & I'll try to come up with a pix if you need it.

73, Bill  N2BC

W1UJR:
Ok guys, that's exactly what I needed!

For some reason I had a mental block on that, guess I was thinking of a more complicated answer, and it was right in front of me!
Wooden dowel, small metal pipe, just mounted to the wall.

I have this stack of wire in front of me and I was trying to figure it out. All I could think of was those large reel holder like electricians' bring to a job site, far too complex, as usual, the simplest answer is the best!

Tnx!

WA1GFZ:
Hunk of pipe works for me. I had a problem with a spool od .015 solder. coming off the spool and making a big knot on the bench. I hung it off the rack handle of my rack scope just above the microscope and let it hang down.
I used some steel wire and it worked out great. I noticed over the weekend that in 10 years I've used 1/2 the spool....time to buy more or at least check the stash.
Home depot sells a nice bracket for supporting closet poles for a few bucks. A couple of them screwed to the wall and a pipe across it would hold a lot of weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands