Power Supply for a ART-13

(1/2) > >>

Joe Moore:
 I am looking to build a power supply for a ART-13.
Any info would be appreicated ie. Plans, Parts or
anyone looking to sale one.
Thanks..   Joe KF0XV

KB2WIG:
Joe,
Try a search of Electric Radio. There was a supply along with some info on how the auto tune works. You'll need the December 03 along with the January 04 issue of ER. I'm moving so i don't have the copy at hand; there is a mistake on the December schematic so you also shud get da jan issue.......

Alos, dont switch the HV supply with the LV supply, you'll let the smoke out...  klc

KE6DF:
I'm in the process of collecting parts for the same project.

Here is a simple schematic for an ART-13 power supply.

http://www.kf9cm.com/schematics/image001.jpg

Notice that the schematic has an error and shorts out the high voltage B+.

That would provide more excitement than I am looking for.

The old Surplus Conversion Manuals have two different designs for ART-13 power supplies. See volumes 2 and 3.

http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbugs/SurpConv.html

These are older designs using MV tube rectifiers.

I had an ART-13 on the air when I was in high school in the 1960's. I got the power supply off another kid, but had to modify it to get it working. For the 28 volt 10 amp supply I used one of the old selenium recitifiers about the size of a loaf of bread. That TX is long sence gone.

I have a couple ART-13's now. One complete and untouched. Another where someone removed the band switch and output circuits. I also have a parts unit with a lot of stuff missing, but it does have the band switch. I'm hoping to get at least one and perhaps two of them back on the air.

I have scrounged a UTC-303W transformer (3000v ct) which I plan to use for the HV B+.

I'm thinking of using tube rectifiers like I did back in the 1960's. Probably 836s as I never had a bit of trouble with them and still have some.

Of course there is no good engineering reason not to use silicon diodes. But then, I like tubes, and this is a hobby not a paid engineering design project.

No more selenium rectifiers however as 50amp diode bridges cost about $3.

KF9CM:
The schematic has been fixed. I built the power supply 7 years ago and is been working ever since. 165 watts on 3.885 MHz.

de Gary, KF9CM

fg5fc:
Hi KF9CM!
i wonder if you have a good filtering( no hum) in the power supply you used without choke filters?

73'S JOHN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands